Thursday, March 4, 2010

Off Call

I am off call for 13 days...what does that mean?

The short version ...
...not taking 2 cars to family functions, events, or church if you think someone might go into labor
...not listening for my phone while in the shower
...not committing to every event in my life with the disclaimer "you know I will be there, unless there is a birth"
...not making dinner reservations with my wonderful husband knowing I may have to leave before the main course arrives
...not being able to ride to Greenville with Amy on days we are both there
...not going to bed at night wondering if you will get called out
...not being able to take a sleep aid or cold medicine when needed
...not taking a drive to the mountains (45 minutes away) on a beautiful fall day or to see the fresh snow fall
...starting a movie that you know you may never see the end of
...not being able to drive to Montgomery to see my daughter and her family or any place more than 45 min away without making back up plans


Lest you think I am complaining, I will stop because I think you get the point. I LOVE what I do! I can't imagine life any other way. I am well suited for this lifestyle. I get bore easily, so this keeps things fresh, exciting and especially rewarding. There is nothing that compares.


So for now, I am going to enjoy my time off call and rejoice in the opportunities it affords me. And when I am back on call, I will embrace that also.

No comments: