Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lovely Day

Amy and I visited a wonderful young couple today who are interested in having an out of hospital birth. They are furniture makers by trade. I almost had a "Mimi momment" and bought a custom made baby crib. I restained myself. Their work is absolutely beautiful with much attention to detail.
We then went to Laurens High school and talked with a group of about 25 students who are interested in nursing, EMT and other health related fields. I love talking to young people. They are so full of questions and so full of life. They loved the birth film but were a little grossed out by the placenta...we love placentas :) I also feel when we talk to these young people it helps them stretch and grow just a bit in their understanding of what is normal. Birth is normal! Stay away from interventions unless necessary. I try to instill confidence in their ability to give birth. Many have never even considered having a baby without medication. Now they have something to think about.

No comments: